I am a blogger. I write the content on my favorite niche in my blog. Recently, I decided to monetize my blog to earn more money from my blog. I decided to do what all of my fellow bloggers are doing i.e. “google ads”. Though I am running google ads in my blog what I am earning is not up to the expectation I kept. However, I saw people earning more from google ads. So, I always bother thinking about how to get better at google ads?
I know many of the new Google AdSense publishers might face the same problem. So, here are the 5 precious tips that can help you to improve in Google AdSense.
- Quality of the content: Any user of google obviously uses google to search about a topic he is looking for. It might be books, technology, gadgets, games, etc. It might be anything all that they are looking for is “content”. After all, the content is the ultimate key to the success of any blog/website. The better quality content you provide to the reader, the more traffic you get to your blog/websites. Remember, the readers never accept ads in replace of content.
- Ad placement and ad format: The most important aspect you must take care of while using google AdSense is where to place the ads in your blog without getting in the way of users. First of all, there are many sizes of ads that Google AdSense supports. Here is the list of popular:
- Medium rectangle ( (300×250)
- Large Rectangle (336×280)
- The Leaderboard (728×90)
- Half Page aka Large Skyscraper (300×600)
- Large Mobile Banner (320×100)(used for mobiles)
- Mobile Leaderboard (320×50)(used for mobiles)
Some ad formats available in Google AdSense:
- Text ads
- Video ads
- Image ads
Before putting them, think of the users first. Try different ad formats. If you are not good enough at handling, you can always use auto ads. Auto ads are a feature provided by Google that helps you to place and optimize ads according to the website/blog. If you want to do it manually, you can always use the AdSense heat map for better organization of your blog/website.
But, according to high revenue AdSense earners, the medium rectangle ad size, text, and image ads are best to opt for any website/blog.
- Always track: It is always important to track the performance of things. Google Analytics, and ad experience report from google search console will allow you to do that. With the performance measure of Google, you can know your ads viewed, AdSense cost per click (CPC), AdSense click-through rate (CTR), ads clicked, etc. Based on the data provided, you can enhance your ads better for your customers.
- Optimizing ads: For a better user experience of your website, optimizing the ads is the best way so that it can increase the quality, performance, and traffic of your site. Auto optimize option is made available in AdSense where google runs ads for you for better optimization.
- Geo-targeting: The AdSense cost per click is different for different countries. If you can target the audience from those countries which have high CPC, then your AdSense revenue will also increase. Countries like the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, and Finland have high CPC rates.
The practice of the above 5 things in your google ads can help you to increase your google ad revenue considerably. It is always tough to create a balance between user experience and revenue but it is not hard though. All you need to do is find some time for google ads and better run different experiments on it. So that you can master the AdSense easily.