Today, many companies-big or small- have realized the importance of social media marketing in businesses. Almost every company is taking the initiative to reach customers through social media. Many companies are adopting social media in their business because of its unprecedented benefits like,
- Can reach the new customers easily
- Increases brand awareness
- Increases sales
- Can build a strong relationship with customers
Yes, every company can achieve these benefits by adopting social media marketing. But, do you know all these benefits are then possible only when there is proper social media management.
What is social media management?
Social media management is a process that includes choosing the right social media platform -Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, targeting the audience, managing content in the social media platforms, monitoring online conversations, increasing brand awareness, measuring performance and ROI in the social media pages.
- It is not enough to create a social media account for the business, just sharing the details of the company in the descriptions, profiles and randomly posting the posts of something related to the product.
- If that’s the case, then you are not managing social media platforms properly.
- Social media management must be done in a systematic strategic way to achieve better results.
- If you are managing your business on social media vaguely without considering any strategic plan, then you cannot achieve the goals with which you adopted social media marketing.
Social media management includes these steps:
Developing the strategy: Businesses must make sure on which social media platform most of the target audience resides and then must choose the right social platform. Because it is waste of time and resources if you cannot reach your potential customers.
WWW: Businesses must answer these 3 w’s in their way of social ‘media management i.e. “What content should post?”, “What time should post ?”, “what way to post?”. Once if these questions are carefully answered, you are half the way in social media management.
Posting: Your business posts must be scheduled on time and the quality of the post -images, video, content- must not be compromised. After all, It is by the good post we can grab the users and change them into the consumers of the products.
Engagement: It is not just enough to post on the social media platform. If the users have any queries or doubts regarding the product, businesses must engage with the customers to clear them. So that, engagement rate with customers increases.
Monitoring: It is important to analyze the impact of the above steps on the sales rate, increase in the number of customers, brand growth, ROI etc. If there are any issues, then businesses can readdress them to get further better results.
So to achieve the goals of your businesses, it is important to manage social media efficiently. Because “Social media is a double-edged sword. It has the power to do real good, but also the power to hurt”. Every step of social media management is important for your business to reap the benefits of social media. So, social media management is a “must-do” thing for any business- especially in today’s digital marketing world.